Sunday, August 7, 2011

What to do with 20 pounds of blackberries? Part 3

Ok, maybe I should've titled this: What to do with a gazillion pints of jam? When I think of jam, I think of THUMBPRINT COOKIES!



I made a lot because they are freezable and yummy, and I gave some to different people.

Here is the recipe:


  • 2 cups of butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces), room temperature
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 cups of flour
  • Any flavor jam
Directions:

  • Mix butter and sugar together with mixer until creamy and well blended.
  • Separate the egg whites from yolks. Dispose of whites and mix yolks and vanilla in with butter mixture.
  • Add flour and salt to mixture and blend.
  • Make flat 3" discs with the dough. Press down in the center and add jam into indent. I don't use my thumb because it just seems a little dirty with long fingernails. Instead, I use a small teaspoon. 

  • Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350.
  • Makes about 4 dozen




They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment