Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome to My World

The word "woman" is a pretty simple one, but it's one that I, even at 28 years old, have a hard time using when describing myself. Not that I'm immature (ok, sometimes I am), but I still feel like "girl" describes me better most of the time. Why this is, I'm not sure. While gender roles are pretty unimportant to me, I think that sometimes it is just natural to take certain roles being a female. One major thing is knowing how to cook. This is something I've struggled with. Well, not struggled maybe. Just really not cared about! Didn't try very much because I preferred to spend my time doing other things. Before we moved in together, my boyfriend Ben and I would go out to eat every time we saw each other - which was A LOT. We didn't always get expensive meals, but even a meal at Bread Company costs around $7 a person. It added up. When we moved in together, we wanted to stop eating out so much and start cooking more. We did, only going out twice a week: once for our Whole Foods Pizza special night ($8.99 for a large) and once during the weekend, whether it be go out to a restaurant or get take out. But our meals were pretty boring and didn't take much effort. So I decided to ask for a crock pot and a vegetarian cookbook for Christmas. Which I received. Coupled with some mega inspiration, I am transforming into a cook! I will chronicle my adventures in cooking and more in this blog - the things that are enriching me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment